Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Winter Weather Advisory

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog on this chilly Sunday afternoon. Temperatures struggled to get into the mid 40s where they will fall into the low 30s late this evening when the snow starts flying. Mother Nature wanted us to know that it isn't Spring yet and that Old Man Winter still has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Here's a look at the Winter Weather Advisory map.
As you can see above most of central and Eastern Kentucky is under this advisory and it doesn't start untill 10pm tonight. How much snow can we expect? Take a look at my new and updated snowfall projection map:
Thats basically a 1-3 inch range for most of the area including a 2-4 inch range further to the east.

Now I want to note some 4 inch spots in the 1-3 inch range cannot be ruled out and yes snow days are very likely in some areas. I personally was hoping for a day off school for my friends here in Laurel County so they can clean up and get them back upon their feet. Sadily I have to report that they have not closed schools here in my home county.

I will have quick updates via Facebook so keep up with them tonight! Have a great evening and take care everyone! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment