Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Tornado Outbreak Aftermath

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog. Yesterday was a sad day here in the state of Kentucky as we have had a record tornado outbreak in Kentucky, and it quite possibly could be a record tornado outbreak in the history of the month of March.

Yesterday I was actually out trying to get pictures of smaller and weaker thunderstorm cells as they moved through Laurel county when my weather radio went off saying tornado warning and after I found out where the storm was and where it was heading I quickly returned home to report to all of you on my Facebook of the looming dangerous weather situation.

The last I heard was 5 deaths from the East Bernstadt area with 41 injuries. The tornado damage was then observed by the National Weather Service from Jackson Kentucky and they decided it was an EF-2 Tornado packing winds of 135mph that tore through East Bernstadt. I was warning of this outbreak days ahead of time and I wish I could have warned everyone but I fell short of that..

Here's yesterdays storm reports in the nation:
I know that one is hard to see so I have another one in Kentucky that will show what was reported here:
Thats 3 reported tornadoes in Laurel County alone. One over Wood Creek Lake ( which never touched down) that made it only a funnel cloud report basically. The other did touch down in East Bernstadt which sadily it did cause injuries and deaths.

Now onto a brighter note, I am watching a clipper system moving into the bluegrass state for tomorrow and I do expect it to put down some accumulations how much? Here's my first call for snowfall map:
A general 2-3 inches can be expected here in Southeastern kentucky on Sunday night into the early morning hours on your Monday.

I'll be watching the upcoming potential winter weather maker and I will post more as I know more! Have a great evening and take care everyone! :)

2 comments:

  1. thank you so much clayton for giving me the heads up, me and my baby bout didnt make it out. its so heartbreaking that east bernstant as along as everyone else got hit si hard. thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually digging your writing style and perspective!
    Do not forget to stay true to your writing .

    Here is my website :: total e liquid reviews

    ReplyDelete