Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Saturday, January 21, 2012

What A Wild Day Of Weather.

Hello everyone and good late morning to you. I promised a full update last night and I was unable to deliver and I am sorry for that, I was busy tracking a line of strong and severe thunderstorms ahead of a front that produced several severe thunderstorm warnings and I also got reports in from some of you telling me penny sized hail was falling and in one area it fell was near the Hal Rogers Parkway just to the west of London, and that same cell produced some weak rotation with it as well.

This was certainly a wild day of weather across the bluegrass state. Icy conditions in northern Kentucky with temps around 30 and at the same time temps were well into the 50s with strong and severe thunderstorms rolling across southern and southeastern Kentucky. Today the cold are will eventually win the state and the cold conditions returning. How long will the cold stick around? Not very long, tomorrow warmer air will move back in from the Gulf of Mexico ahead of a potent Cold front. Like I've been saying the warm air from the Gulf of Mexico is always very juicy, and by that I mean prime for strong and severe storms to break out. That air from down south provides the instability needed for those strong and severe storms to crank up.

The storms are expected to move in as a squall line but there may be some seperate thunderstorm cells pop up ahead of the main line of storms and be pretty strong as well. The good thing about the storms coming in as a squall line is that it reduces the tornado chances, BUT! THAT DOES NOT MEAN THAT TORNADOES ARE NOT POSSIBLE!! Just throwing that one out there :)

Lately I've been updating my facebook more than twitter so if your a follower from twitter I highly suggest you follow my posts on facebook because I post on there more often. Just let me know that your a follower from twitter when you add me on facebook so I won't reject the request.

Have a great Saturday and more updates as needed with a full update WILL come your way tonight. Take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment