Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

First Call For Snowfall!

Here's a look at my first call for snowfall map. I will have more corrections to this tomorrow. I'm not too sure how much my map will change if any at all. So keep up with the blog, or some posts on Facebook and Twitter for some of the updates.



The 1-2 inch area of northern Kentucky is there for a reason. I'm not saying they won't get more than that, I'm just saying that as of now the heavier snows look to be a bit to the south. The 1-3 inch area is for the rest of the state. I believe the state will get a nice widespread coating of snow with some local areas picking up more than 3 inches is a good possibility because after the front moves through the northwestern winds will pick up and help enhance light snows and snow squalls. Any area that gets under one of these snow squalls it could cause white out conditions and they could easily pick up a quick inch or two of snow in a short amount of time.

As you notice the 3-5 inch area into eastern Kentucky. That's the mountians and the higher elevations will also help enhance the snowfalls and produce 3-5 inches of snow. Now, there may be a small area I include in the next map that would be along the 3-5 inch area, that would be the areas right by the bottom of the mountians where some moisture will bounce off them and mayb give the areas near by an additional inch or so of snow.

Have a great Wednesday night and remember I will have rapid updates via Facebook and Twitter, if don't have either of the two you can also load up this site and you can see my twitter updates on the top left of the page. I'll have full coverage of the snows all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment