Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Let it Snow!

Hello everyone and good afternoon to you on this snowy Sunday! The snow started to fall later than expected and for that reason snowfall totals will be cut back. I know it made me a bit disapointed by not getting as much as first expected but hey, I'm just a weather forecaster and predictions change and mine have really changed as of late.

I do think a general 2-4 inches can be expected around here with local amounts higher than 4 inches. The reason why we haven't been snow this morning was the pure fact that it was too warm. Now that is is snowing I say enjoy it while it lasts because m=Monday temperatures will near 50 degrees so it will all melt tomorrow.

Now let's talk a little what if here. What if the snow started falling around 8am this morning? Well IF that happened we would be talking about 4-8 inches of snow around here and that is what I expected to happen in the way of when it was to start.

There os still plenty of moisture to work with and it should stil snow for a few more hours at the least leading to snowfall totals of 2-4 inches. it's going to be a tough call for schools tomorrow depending on how late the snow hangs around. Some models indicate the snow hanging around untill late around the 7pm hours.

Travel is going to be rough as long as it's snowing. I will have quick updates through out the day on my facebook so be carefull and have a great day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment