Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, July 23, 2012

Slight Risk For Severe Thunderstorms Tonight And Tomorrow

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog. I want to apologize for the lack of posts in the last two weeks. I've had alot going on plus I've been putting in some volunteer work untill my doctor releases me to go back to full work and let me tell you this it has worn me out! Anyways back to the weather, shall we? :)

Last week we had thunderstorm chances basically everyday and somedays thunderstorms have went severe and put down alot of rain. Everyone has been hoping for a break from the rounds of thunderstorms and rain and I don't want to be the one who brings bad news but all this week we look to have thunderstorm chances and a few days out of the week could be severe thunderstorm chances like late today and tomorrow.

Here's the slight risk area for severe thunderstorms for late today into early morning tomorrow:
This does include cities like London and Manchester but barely. Lexington and Covington have the best chance for severe thunderstorms for today.

Tomorrow is the day I'm a little conerned about, that has the slight risk over more of Kentucky and extending further west. It actually easily covers London, Somerset and all other cities in the coverage area. Here's a look at the Storm Prediction Centers Convective Outlook for tomorrow:
There's a hatched area of 30% in the eastern half of the state and that area starts at Clay County. Not sure yet if it will extend further west or decrease in size. That 30% is an increased risk in which could mean isolated tornadoes, large hail, and damaging winds.

I'll have more up on facebook as the storms start up! Have a great day everyone and take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment