Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, May 7, 2012

Thunderstorms Possible Today!

Hello everyone and welcome to the blog on this very nice Monday! I was going to post earlier about the storm chances for today but then again I'm glad I didn't because the Storm Prediction Center took the slight risk for severe thunderstorms out of our area. Thats the first time I've ever seen anything like that.

I do think the chance for strong and severe thudnerstorms does still exist. They took the severe risk out because of a line of storms moving through Mississippi has robbed some of the instability for severe thudnerstorms for our area, but there still will be some instability that gets in here today and allowing the chance for strong and some severe thunderstorms to develop and that would be with the heating of the day.

Temperatures for today will be in the low to mid 80s for highs and the skies however will be in between sunny to mostly cloudy at any time during the day. If we was to stay sunny all day then we would be talking about highs in the upper 80s. But that isn't the case for today.

If any storms develop I will be tracking them all day long and I will give you all a heads up if any of those storms does go severe! Have a great Monday everyone and take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment