Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Monday, February 18, 2013

Spring 2013 Outlook!

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog! I'm currently in the process of trying to get the blog back into full swing mode but time has been limited for me to do so. Anyways I know Winter isn't close to being over yet but it's never too early to start looking ahead to Spring. This post will be all about the spring season that everyone wants to come so badly.

I want to start with that spring may take to a slow start due to a lagging winter season. Winter started off slow and I fully expect spring to do the same yet not as slow as winter did. I do see alot of warmth for spring but not that type of heat and summer time temperatures we were seeing across the area but this warmth will be more widespread and like I just stated, not as hot. Basically we're looking at an average spring.... Temperature wise.

Now on to the precipitation part. I do see plenty of rains for the area and I also see an elevated SEVERE WEATHER RISK towards the latter part (mid to late season) of the severe weather season. Tornadoes is a possibility. I do also have a feeling that this Subtropical Jet stream will be active and be a factor in producing several chacnes for tornado outbreaks arcoss our state. I'm not the only one who thinks the same, the good folks at Accuweather is thinking the same thing. Check out their Spring 20123 highlights map:

Accuweather is actually predicting a good tornado threat for our area for late in the severe thunderstorm season. Here's more evidence that it could be a real threat:


This is from the SPC and this shows how tornadoes so far this year stacks up to previous years. The black line is for 2013. That folks is a very active winter for tornadoes so far. This could be yet another active severe weather season for the state of Kentucky.

Also with severe weather season just around the corner, I strongly suggest you buy a weather radio. This things are cheap, right around 25-30 bucks. If you buy one I can help you set it up. All you have to do is send me a tweet or a message on facebook and I'll be more than happy to set it up for you. These things have saved and do save thousands of lives each and every storm season alone. They're handy! They could help save your life too, especally when power goes out and you are unable to keep up with my updates.

Have a great Monday evening everyone and take care! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment