Contact Me at sekywx2023@gmail.com

Name

Email *

Message *

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Winter Weather Forecast Part 2 Of 3

Hello everyone and welcome back to the blog. I hope all of you liked the preliminary post of my Winter Weather Forecast. I'm now back and with a part two of the forecast. Like I said on my facebook account, I do not know at this time if I will post a part three to the Winter Weather Forecast. It really depends on how things go. I do want to add, although I may be pressed for time I will for sure be with you like always through out the winter updating you on social media sites.

Now to the good stuff. I am seeing a change in the El Nino. The factor for an El Nino to occur when I made the first post was definately there. Now I'm not seeing that factor stand out as much. There is a threat for it to back down into a neutral phase, although El Nino is expected to make a return to the weak phase and like I've said for months thats a good thing for cold and snow lovers. If El Nino does sldie into a neutral phase anyting can happen. That also increases our rise for a mild winter like last year. Like I've said for months, if you are a cold and snow lover you want the El Nino to come in a weak form. The waters off the western coast of South America is currently just ever so slightly about average. That is something I will continue to watch carefully.

The factors for El Nino is currently just under 0.5, now thats in the neutral category but when the factor goes above 0.5 then, it would be in the El Nino category. Anything under -0.5 is a La Nina. The NAO and AO is bigger factors than ever this year and if you need a refresher of what that is check out the Part 1 post of the Winter Weather Forecast. The NAO and the AO is hard to predict because of the fact that the parameters for those two only go out two weeks ahead of time.

Now here's a few maps I found that will help you out. Sorry no snowfall forecast maps or temperature forecast maps this time.

Here's the Snow cover map:


Why am I showing you a map of everyone else thats getting snow? It's simple, It shows the current snow pack in place and anyone that is familiar with winter weather will know that areas with a snow pack have more cold air and that also means places with that snow on the ground stay cooler.

This a great sign for cold and snow lovers because with a snow pack so low in Canada this early only means one thing. There's plenty of cold air that Canada will be sharing with us this winter! You can't have snow without the cold ;)

Here's  2 more maps, none of which are created by me but I am posting thme this go around due to the fact that I am in much agreement with the guys who did create these maps.I honestly couldn't be in a greement more with these folks. Words can't describe it. Anyways here is the temperature map for this winter:
This map just like mine, show normal temperatures for our neck of the woods with slightly above normal and above normal temperatures for most, if not the rest of the state.

 Still coninuing to stay on the "Above Normal Snowfall" bandwagon! ;) Near normal snowfall is expected to fall in most of central and western Kentucky. This has actually migrated a bit further to the west and I'm sure it would insure our chances of getting that above normal snowfall.

I wanted to add that WKYT Meteorologist Chris Bailey had released his full winter weather forecast just days ago Monday evening. Chris predicts the same thing as myself. We are both in agreement that we'll see a slightly cooler than average winter and a wetter than average winter. ;).

I hope all of you liked this post as well as my last one. Again not sure on a part three just as of yet but I think I may be able to muster out a part three maybe in December ;). I wanted to say that this would not be possible without all of you and you all are the reason why I do this. There is nobody that puts all of their free time to help you all out as much as I do. I love all of you and God bless! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment